Bay Area Businesses on a Shut-Down amid hiking Coronavirus fears in US
The world is at a hiatus due to covid-19, and the businesses are also not unaffected as it was announced that seven Bay Area counties would be under a new shelter-in-place order. This move was made to tackle the spread of the coronavirus among US citizens.
This move came after US President Donald Trump released a long list of guidelines that must be followed by the United States citizens to avoid any more damage due to the covid-19 pandemic. The announcement directed the officials to take into consideration a prolonged shut-down of businesses to prevent any further spread.
After this move, many are left to wonder what businesses will still be open, and when will the markets open again? The orders consist of a series of business that has been considered to be essential businesses. The orders are specific about the list of “essential’’ businesses that may still be operating over the course of the next few weeks, while others stay closed.
It is essential to point out that the said list has considered business other than the usual – Utilities, Health Care Facilities, and grocery businesses to be crucial and was allowed to stay open throughout the period of stress. Few of these other businesses were – Legal services, Newspapers, Hardware stores, and plumbers.
Large tech companies like Google and Apple have received an allowance to continue performing some activities, but the primary chunk workforce is forced to work from their home only. Coronavirus has been proving itself very dangerous in the United States as the total no. of deaths in the United States due to the virus has touched the 100 mark.
The testing facilities in the United States have also been majorly criticized for being inefficient in conducting the coronavirus tests.
Here’s the full list of businesses that will continue functioning over the next few weeks:
- Healthcare foundations and offices (clinics, utility PG&E)
- Grocers, produce stands, food banks, departmental stores, and different retailers dealing in foods, farms, farmers’ markers — including those that likewise sell items besides food
- Food cultivators organizations (cultivating, fishing)
- Businesses or associations offering social types of assistance, shelter to the needy and injured
- Newspapers, TV, radio and other media
- Gas stations and auto-related organizations, including fix shops
- Banks and monetary organizations
- Hardware stores
- Plumbers, circuit repairers, and other specialist organizations that keep organizations running
- Shipping and mailing organizations
- Educational organizations — like schools — distance learning
- Laundry administrations (laundromats, drycleaning organizations)
- Restaurants for conveyance and take-out
- Businesses that supply individuals with things required to work from home or organizations that provide essential organizations with vital supplies
- Companies that transport goods and supplies straightforwardly to homes
- Airlines, taxicabs, and private transportation administrations
- Home-based and private consideration for seniors, grown-ups, and kids
- Legal and bookkeeping administrations that keep businesses in consistence
- Childcare offices, with specific stipulations, as just having gatherings of 12 children together at once.