Australian Police Launches Investigation On Ruby Princess Cruise For Sudden COVID-19 Patients
As the Australian COVID-19 death toll increases, 30 percent are from the Ruby Cruise. Taking this into consideration, Australian police launched an investigation for the criminal probe against Ruby Princess Cruise for coronavirus.
On 8 March, Ruby princess left the Sydney dock the same day when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the State Department of the United States warned Americans not to travel in cruise ships and came back to Sydney dock on 19 March. What the biggest blunder made by the cruise administrators was that they allowed the 2,700 passengers to go without taking their medical checkups, despite many of them showing the coronavirus symptoms. There have been hundreds of positive cases, and 11 people died since then, reveal The Guardian.
On Sunday, the police department of New South Wales announced that the homicide squad agency would take charge of the investigation that the arrival of the Ruby Cruise on 19 March violated the guidelines or law provided by the country’s government.
Investigators are going to inquiry about the relevant and responsible federal agencies, such as the port authority and the Carnival Corporation, the parent company of the Princess Cruise.
On Sunday, Mick Fuller, the country police commissioner, told the reporters at the press conference that the situation left so many responsible authorities to unanswered their several questions.
Mick Fuller, said “Was Carnival or crew transparent in contextualizing the true patient/crew health conditions relevant to COVID-19?” he added, “They (Australia authorities) made contact with the operations manager from Carnival, and in each case, they were informed that COVID-19 wasn’t an issue on the ship.”
The former cruise company said in their statement that they are “vigorously responding” to any of the allegations on them.
About 1043 cruise crew members remained on the ship; they observed 30 to 45 of the crew members by medical staff. Since the 8 March, about 235 of the crew members have shown the coronavirus symptoms, and 87 among them have been recovered, told the company representatives. However, the 16 cruise crew members were reported as positive coronavirus patients, said the Australian police .
Negin Kamali, the spokesperson, addressed the situation via email that “It is heading in the right direction and we feel comfortable that the proactive onboard measures have contained any illness, which we are treating as if it is a coronavirus.”
Read More: Italy and Spain Records Drop in Daily Coronavirus Death Tolls