FAQs Answered relation to Covid 19 Corona virus. Everything That You Need To Know
Spreading awareness about the contagious Coronavirus (Covid 19) is essential in this crucial time. In this article, we have answered the frequently asked questions and mentioned the steps to follow to stay protected from the Coronavirus.
Coronavirus, a highly contagious virus outbreak, continues to spread all over the world. Medical experts across the world are trying to raise awareness about the virus. Over 4000 people have died due to this deadly disease, and over 1 Lakh people are infected in more than 100 countries.
Covid-19 pathogen originated in China’s Wuhan market. Governments around the world have raised precautions and imposed travel bans. Awareness about this deadly disease will help in controlling the further spread of the virus. Below we have discussed some of the frequently asked questions and their answers and debunk some common misconceptions.
What are the symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus?
Covid-19 Infection shows respiratory symptoms, dry cough, fever, shortness of breath. Many patients have also complained of pains and aches, runny nose, nasal congestion, diarrhea, and sore throat. People of older age and with underlying medical issues like heart problems, high blood pressure, and diabetes can develop serious illness. In some severe cases, a corona virus-infected person can get pneumonia, kidney failure, severe acute respiratory syndrome, and also death.
How does Covid-19 spread?
People who are infected from the virus became the carrier and can infect other people. The disease can spread when the infected person exhales or coughs, from mouth or nose droplets. When these droplets of an infected person come in contact with other people, and they touch their eyes, nose, or mouth, the infection spreads. The virus can also spread by breathing these droplets.
How to prevent getting infected from the Coronavirus?
Here are some of the hygiene and safety steps to follow to stay un-infected.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Maintain 3 feet (1 meter) distance between yourself and a person who is infected or coughing and sneezing to avoid getting contracted from the droplets of infected people.
- Avoid touching nose, mouth, and eyes without washing your hands.
- Don’t step out of the house if you feel unwell. If you have a cold, cough, fever, and face difficulty in breathing, seek medical help in advance.
- Dispose off used tissues immediately.
What to do if you have the symptoms of a virus?
Call for medical help and go for a check-up immediately.
Stay indoors till you do not get the results. Avoid using public transports and going to public places. Maintain distance from other people to avoid spreading the virus. Limit contact with animals and pets and try to use separate bathrooms. Cover your mouth with a mask when coughing and sneezing. Disinfect surfaces that you frequently touch.
Common misconceptions about Corona Virus
- Coronavirus does not spread through the Air. This is not an Airborne disease.
- People who are not sick and do not have any respiratory symptoms do not need to wear masks. People who have symptoms and are sick should wear a mask and stay protected. Wash your hands before touching the mask. The mask should be unused, without any holes and clean. After the mask is used, discard it properly and wash hands again.
- Antibiotics do not cure the coronavirus.
- There is no evidence as of now that virus could spread through infected pets.